Comprehensive Care Centers
The Rhode Island Hospital Comprehensive Stroke Center is dedicated to caring for patients suffering from stroke, cerebral hemorrhage and their related causes. This includes disorders such as carotid artery stenosis, cerebral steno-occlusive disease, aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, Moya Moya disease and other diseases which can cause stroke.
Our program is affiliated with the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and is Joint Commission certified. Furthermore, we have been honored to be recognized as a Gold Plus/Target Stroke Center by the American Heart/Stroke Association, which is their highest designation.
Our team is composed of professionals from the Departments of Neurosurgery, Neurology, Interventional Neuroradiology, Emergency Medicine and Rehabilitation Medicine who work in close collaboration to provide the best care available for our patients.
Tina Burton, MD
Shawna Cutting, MD
Karen Furie, MD
Brian MacGrory, MD
Ali Saad, MD
Daniel Succhetti, DO
Janet Wilterdink, MD
Shadi Yaghi, MD
- 20 bed stroke unit
- 18 bed Neurointensive Care Unit
- 24/7 care and availability to treat all stroke patients
- One of the busiest Embolectomy for Vessel Occlusion Centers in the United States in all, over 150 procedures performed annually.
Conditions We Treat
- Dedicated biplanar angiography suites
- Intra-operative CT scanning and microscopy with ICG vascular imaging
- MRI perfusion, cerebral blood volume, and RAPID imaging
In the News
“We are the largest Comprehensive Stroke Center in the region, and care for over 1000 patients annually. Our providers are national experts in stroke care and provide cutting edge therapies for patients affected by cerebral vascular disease.”
– Curtis Doberstein, MD
Rhode Island Hospital
593 Eddy Street
APC Building, 5th Floor
Providence, RI 02903